According to OSHA, almost 80% of forklift accidents involved a pedestrian. MHE operators focus on their tasks while working in high traffic manufacturing, shipping, warehousing, mining, construction areas.
It is more likely for them to get pedestrians in blind spot areas slightly/severely injured. Vuewo has released the robust and rugged AI pedestrian detection camera system with visual and audible alarm to alert pedestrian of getting proximity to MHE.
A single forklift injury can cost up to $188,000 in direct and indirect costs, A range of industry research reveals the dangers and sometimes overlooked costs associated with manually-driven forklifts and machinery.
- An estimated $135 million in immediate costs are incurred each year due to forklift accidents (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- Collisions caused by handling equipment, such as forklifts and lift trucks, are the second most common cause of freight damage and inventory loss and accounts for almost 13.6% of all claims (TT Club)
- Nearly 100 work fatalities occur annually due to manually driven forklifts and machinery (OSHA)
- An estimated 110,000 forklift accidents happen each year, of which, an estimated 20,000 results in serious injuries (OSHA)
- Almost 80% of forklift accidents involve a pedestrian (OSHA)
- Forklift accidents cost employers an average of $48,000 per single work-related disabling injury and $1.3 million per-cost-of-death (The National Safety Council)
In addition, now you can add AI pedestrian detection camera to MDVR system installed to alert any pedestrians of getting proximity to your mobile equipment such as excavator, wheel loader, forklift trucks, small and middle-sized mining equipments.